Capmo is a fast growing Munich based start-up with the ambitious goal to digitize the construction industry. We offer architects and engineers an intuitive SaaS tool to automate repetitive and error-prone tasks in their daily work. Capmo is currently used on more than 500 construction sites helping customers to realize crucial projects such as hospitals, solar parks and new apartment buildings.
We are a bunch of fun, interdisciplinary, and international people striving to become the leading digital solution for the construction industry.
As (Senior) Backend Engineer you shape our engineering practices and mature our product and tech architecture. If you are passionate about working on a product impacting thousands of construction projects every day, strive to build high-quality software and like to work in an agile and interdisciplinary team, this is the place for you!
These challenges are waiting for you:
- You will evolve our modern tech stack based on React / React Native in the frontend and NodeJS / GraphQL / PostgreSQL in the backend hosted on AWS.
- You will build an API that is consumed by our offline-first mobile apps as well as our webapp
- You structure our backend into domains to separate concerns and to prepare it for a future split into separate services and run a rock-solid infrastructure that enables our customers to store their project data for up to 10 years
- You will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle including being a principal collaborator with product owners and designers to define product specifications in a cross-functional Scrum team
- You will shape our engineering culture by demonstrating healthy modern engineering practices focusing on writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code and shipping it into production on at least a daily basis
You strive in a cross-functional, dynamic and demanding work environment and already gathered first working experience as part of agile software development teams.
- You prefer deploying a CloudFormation stack over clicking the dreaded blue buttons in AWS
- You are comfortable with spinning up a local dev environment using docker-compose or running some commands in psql
- You never ssh into a server but prefer a deployment pipeline in CircleCI and proper logging
- You care about building great products for customers as much as about building great software - You are willing to leave code and processes in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- You take ownership for the code you write; you don’t believe in throwing code over the wall, but instead see development, testing, deployment, and debugging as your tasks
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1) and willing to relocate to Munich
We offer you:
Work on a state of the art tech stack using NodeJS - All infrastructure runs on AWS and is deployed using AWS CloudFormation. We have a single GraphQL API for both our mobile apps as well as our web app that even supports offline synchronisation (full tech stack in the company profile)
- Your chance to actively shape a rapidly growing startup backed by leading European VCs and Business Angels
- Support for going to tech conferences and taking speaking engagements.
- Work in cross-functional teams with product and development colleagues to enable projects such as solar parks and new apartment buildings
- Regular team events such as Rafting on the Isar, game nights and Oktoberfest visits
- Flexible home office regulation, central office space as well as 25 vacation days and 13 public holidays
- MacBook Pro and your choice of other hardware such as Bose noise canceling headphones
- Relocation allowance, language course and visa sponsorship