WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
You are passionate about digital products and implementing good practices. In addition you get energized by leading, coaching and developing people. Working agile and being open to the change motivates you and naturally you share and live IKEA culture and values.
In this role you bring proven advanced training in Computer science. You hold demonstrable knowledge of agile principles in theory and practise. Moreover we believe you have minimum of 5 years of experience as Scrum Master or similar. Another experience of yours is using work management tools such as Jira as well as experience with different Scrum patterns and techniques.
You have knowledge in following areas:
experience with agile development practices and working in agile teams, in which requirements and solutions evolve through the collaborative effort of self-organizing cross-functional teams
deep understanding and working knowledge of agile ways of working, Scrum events and artefacts
good understanding of software development practices and execution within a retail & e-commerce environment.
As it’s up to the team to decide on the agile method to use, it is very beneficial if you have experience in coaching development teams in other methods or frameworks than scrum.
As a person you have the ability to lead, motivate and influence teams particularly in complex and challenging environments. You have the capability to use sound judgment to make timely and effective decisions. In problem solving you are proactive, particularly in navigating through blockers and obstacles. You are motivated to build, maintain and collaborate in relations across multiple functions and seniority levels. When it comes to improvement you strive to continuously improve and shape the agile approach to suit the Digital organization. You possess excellent team working, collaboration and communication skills. Furthermore you have the ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of technology as an integrated part of the business.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
As Scrum Master the main objective is to guide and coach the team.
• Coach team to become autonomous using an agile method
• be responsible for organization of the scrum teams to ensure that key scrum events take place and are effective in achieving their purpose
• organise and run sprint planning meetings, ensuring the team reach a collective agreement on the user stories that will be accepted into the sprint (i.e. there is an agreed sprint backlog and sprint plan)
• organise and run the daily scrum meetings (stand ups) and ensuring there is active participation from the team
• track and use empirical data of scrum team commitment and completion through historic sprints to inform estimating and drive for improvement in overall velocity
• Help the team identify and remove any potential impediments/blockers to the delivery of the agreed sprint commitment and manage any emerging dependencies throughout the sprint
• provide transparency and visibility on the team’s activity/progress
• empower individuals and teams
• encourage continuous improvements
• advocate and demonstrate the benefits of the Agile Process in the wider organisation and build agile capability, both across the organization and within the Digital organisation
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
In this role you will report to the Scrum Master Chapter Leader.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact [email protected]