Your code on the road to new mobility!
We are looking for experienced Scala Software Engineers focused on solving challenges in our distributed pooling systems for our locations in Berlin and Hamburg.
The pooling systems your team is building are an essential part of MOIA's business model. The dispatching and stop resolver systems are helping us to find the best vehicles and stops for a customer to get most efficiently from A to B while still ensuring a high vehicle utilisation to reduce congestion in the cities.
What you'll do
You will build distributed systems that are deciding which vehicles and stops are eligible for a trip request taking into consideration real-time fleet state, vehicle capacity and other constraints. In addition, you are responsible for synchronising the state with our vehicles reliably over a mobile network. Apart from that, you will ensure that the delivered software meets the highest engineering quality in terms of testability, performance and technical architecture suitable for real-time use. You will be part of a cross-functional team comprising software engineers, data engineers, mobile developers, AWS experts, and product owners.
What you'll need and what' nice to have
- Have deep experience (3+ years) in developing high-scale distributed systems with Scala and Akka
- Gained experience or have interest in Kotlin, Python, Kubernetes, and AWS managed services
- Are keen to receive and give feedback in pairing and code review sessions
- Live and breathe DevOps and believe in automated testing, infrastructure as code, continuous deployment, monitoring, and open communication
- Describe solving challenges in distributed systems as your personal passion
- Communicate fluently in English
Join us and return cities to the people!