ABOUT THE JOB
Online fraud is organised crime, and on the rise. Every month we have to process over 10 million online transactions. Become the Sherlock Holmes of the web and help us to build software that solves real fraud cases! In this never-ending race, we are fighting the bad guys with technology!
We are currently developing the next generation of our fraud identification product family “FRIDA” - from scratch! FRIDA enables our customers’ fraud managers to make decisions in real-time or interactively, based on rules or our trained machine learning models. The challenge is to build a product that makes fraud managers quickly understand why we think a transaction is fraudulent or not, and how it is connected to other transactions so one can quickly react on it to prevent payment defaults.
The underlying microservice architecture of FRIDA divides the product into components that are each owned by one dedicated development team. We are looking for a Scala Developer that supports the Risk Assessment team in which the actual assessment of transactions takes place. Help us to build the business logic that determines detailed assessments based on transaction data and graph statistics and to implement this into our software! In Risk Assessment, we currently use Scala, Cats and Cats Effect libraries, MongoDB and GRPC, and adhere to the functional programming paradigm. We optimize our product for performance and scalability. The team follows agile methods and collaborates on eye-level, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews. That is why we are looking for someone who wants to become an active, communicative and fun team member of Risk Assessment. Someone who wants to get involved in actively shaping the future development of the product. The team works independently and owns their component. That means being responsible for the whole software lifecycle and deciding on your own how to implement requirements.
- Thorough experience in Scala and the related technology stack (Functional Programming skills and knowledge of related libraries, e.g. Scalaz. Cats is a plus)
- You know what an IO monad is
- You are a team player and communicate in an open, constructive and friendly manner, ready to discuss your ideas with your team colleagues at any time
- You care about quality and testing, taking into account simplicity of your solutions
- You take over responsibility, give and take feedback, and share your opinion
- You have hands-on experience with operational environments, or desire to learn how your software runs and what it takes to operate it
- Good English language skills (German is not required)
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- The possibility to overtake responsibility and to realise your own ideas – from day one
- The chance to play an active role in shaping our growing startup
- Collaborative environment in which everyone works on eye-level
- A team of experts that allows you to learn something new every day
- Budget for conferences, trainings, etc.
- Free choice of hardware, IDE and everything else you might need to be able to work efficiently
- Regular workout sessions at no charge (shower in the office)
- Nice office in HafenCity
- Relocation support: constant contact person, issuing documents, help with public offices, translation support, etc.
- And many more!
If you would like to apply, please use the application button. Your application should include:
- Your CV (PDF format)
- Motivational letter (PDF format) that describes why you want to work at RISK IDENT. Please make explicit what interests you in this position and our company
- Your desired salary (EUR gross per year)
Your contact person is Jana Gilb (Head of HR). We are looking forward to your application!