RISK IDENT is looking for a Scala Developer (f/m/d)
Online fraud is organised crime, and on the rise. Every month we have to process over 10 million online transactions. Become the Sherlock Holmes of the web and help us to build software that solves real fraud cases! In this never-ending race, we are fighting the bad guys with technology!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for another Scala Developer to join our product development team DEVICE IDENT. DEVICE IDENT identifies customers’ devices through their unique characteristics and analyses them independently of their personal data. Using intelligent rule systems, DEVICE IDENT ensures that fraud correlations can be identified consistently. Push email and API access allows for the individual assessment of the device information in real time so clients can take immediate action.
In DEVICE IDENT, we use a modern tech stack, e.g. Scala, Play Framework, Kafka, Akka, and MongoDB. We use functional programming constructs and optimise our product for performance and scalability. The whole team is located in the same office and does their deployments on demand. Following agile methods like Scrum or Kanban, the team collaborates on an eye to eye level, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews. That is why we are looking for someone who wants to become an active, communicative and fun team member of DEVICE IDENT. Someone who wants to get involved in actively shaping the future development of the product. The team works independently and owns their product. That means being responsible for the whole software lifecycle and deciding on your own how to implement requirements.
Help us to take DEVICE IDENT to the next level to bring us one step further towards our vision of creating a world where online fraud no longer exists!
- Maintain the DEVICE IDENT product ensuring scalability and stability
- Add new features and continuously improve the quality of DEVICE IDENT
- Collaborate with other Riskies, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of your code: from the initial idea through development and testing to deployment and operation
- Be responsible for the quality of what you deliver
- Experience in Scala (mid- to senior-level), SBT & Kafka (Akka is a plus)
- Experience in functional programming and / or OOP
- You are a communicative team player who likes to discuss ideas openly, constructively and amicably
- You care about quality and testing, taking into account simplicity of your solutions
- You take over responsibility, give and take feedback, and share your opinion
- You have hands-on experience with operational environments, or desire to learn how your software runs and what it takes to operate it
- Good English language skills (German is not required)
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- The possibility to take over responsibility and to realise your own ideas – from day one
- The chance to play an active role in shaping our growing startup
- Collaborative environment in which everyone works on eye-level
- A team of experts that allows you to learn something new every day
- Budget for conferences, trainings, etc.
- Free choice of hardware, IDE and everything else you might need to be able to work efficiently
- Regular workout sessions at no charge (shower in the office)
- Nice office in HafenCity
- Relocation support: constant contact person, issuing documents, help with public offices, translation support, etc.
- And many more!
If you would like to apply, please use the application button. Your application should include:
- Your CV (PDF format)
- Motivational letter (PDF format) that describes why you want to work at RISK IDENT. Please make explicit what interests you in this position and our company
- Your desired salary (EUR gross per year)
Your contact person is Jana Gilb (Head of HR). We are looking forward to your application!