Job Description:SAP Solution Architect
Location: Germany, Walldorf
Reporting to: Director SAP Alliance
Join the SUSE Global Alliances team, an international team that enjoys working with technology partners. Our mission is to provide SUSE customers the freedom of choice to run their preferred IT environment fully supported on SUSE technology. We are a team of confident and experienced leaders at the service of our technology partners and we are empowered to pro-actively develop, manage and nurture relationships that result in deeper win-win partnerships.
SUSE is the market leader with 70% market share of SAP customers on Linux. Over 30,000 SAP customers prefer SUSE Linux Enterprise, and joint development of competitive advantages drive breakthrough innovations like Container-based deployments of SAP Software, or High Availability/Disaster for SAP NetWeaver of SAP HANA. The Solution Architect role is the corner stone of the SAP Linux Lab partnership.
- Provide developer support in SAP Linux Lab to SAP and their partners, specifically regarding Container technology (Docker, CRI-O etc) and management frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out certification efforts for SAP software on SUSE technology
- Develop and maintain technical documentation (SAP notes, SCN articles, white papers etc.)
- Communicate SUSE technical solutions for SAP software to customers, partners, and SAP at international events (e.g. SAP Teched), as well as in person or via webinar
- Represent, coordinate, and prioritize SAP's technical requests with SUSE product management and engineering.
- Enable SAP Linux Lab engineers on SUSE technologies as needed, as well as SUSE system engineers on SUSE best practices for SAP software
- Work as part of the broader alliances team to share resources, information and best practices
- In-depth technical understanding of container technologies (Docker, CRI-O, Kubernetes)
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Technical understanding of Linux
- Knowledge of SAP software (NetWeaver, HANA) a plus
- Knowledge of CloudFoundry a plus
- English language skills required; German language skills are a plus.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com