WHAT’S MY ROLE?
We're looking for a Mid-Level+ Ruby Backend Developer who enjoys technical IoT challenges.
You will work in a team with highly skilled developers and project managers under different IoT projects. We are probably the only company in the world running a ruby stack in the cloud and on our embedded linux based gateways. Sensorberg is committed to Ruby as a language to power our IoT solutions. And your tasks will be:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code for our cloud software and our door gateways.
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Collaborate with distributed team members in a Scrum/Agile development environment
- Ability to interpret complex requests & implement based on aggressive timelines
- Help maintain and improve code quality, organization and automation
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with on cross-functional teams and collaborate with product management and software engineering teams to convert prototypes into enterprise grade applications
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow software development best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)