JELF172 - Vanguard
Robotics Process Automation Developer/Analyst
£43k - £65k base, dependent on experience + industry leading benefits and bonus scheme
- Knowledge of at least 1 RPA technology (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism)
- Knowledge of at least one core software development language (.Net, C#, VB, Java etc.)
- 2+ years of professional experience in programming (including scripting /coding), SQL and relational databases, and application development
- Excellent aptitude for learning, experimenting and picking up new technologies quickly
- Experience in an Agile software development process
- Understanding of SWIFT protocol
Nice to Have:
- Excel VBA
- JIRA, Confluence, Crucible
- Crystal Reports,Tableau, Qlik
- FactSet Research Systems
- Subversion, Nexus, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, BitBucket, Maven
The Role: Top Global Investment Management Firm Vanguard is seeking an RPA / Robotic Process Automation Analyst (UI path/BluePrism) to join a brand new team. Fantastic opportunity to get in early and grow your career.
There’s scope to be flexible with this position and we are willing to consider technical Business Analyst or someone from a Business Process Optimisation background with a desire to progress to Robotics and Automation. We are seeking passionate people to begin building a function dedicated to automation; expanding on RPA pilots and further understanding opportunities across the business in order to grow the digital workforce presence.
This role would suit someone who is willing to operate in a hybrid analyst and RPA developer and join a team where they can help build out a new function and shape the future of automation at a large investment management firm.
Developers with strong analytical skills and a background in data and / or investment management can expect to have a visible role implementing changes to the complex global trading processes that are at the centre of our investment management. Candidates should be interested in a fast paced group that supports and enhances the trading desks across the globe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of a business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the IMG business.
- Design implementable technical solutions that leverage process automation technologies.
- Support business case development by helping to size implementation effort and cost
- Build thought leadership and expertise around best-practice RPA solution design and implementation
- Compliance with defined code and documentation standards, including peer reviews.
- Understand / review functional specifications and translate into program specifications
- Translation of business requirements into program specifications and writing code from the functional description
- Liaise with end users for user acceptance testing
- Carry out 3rd Line support as required.
- Report on progress to line manager, escalating issues promptly
- Comply with any audit requirements
- Co-ordinate with 3rd party providers as required
- Self-organised with the ability to effectively manage time across multiple projects and with competing business demands and priorities
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Assist Line Manager in leading and motivating the team and champion a quality ethos within the constraints of the business priorities and pressures
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.