Software Development Engineer - Robotic Process Automation Engineer
Are you a passionate and energetic technology enthusiast eager to work on a range of technologies and solve real business problems at scale? Do you get a little obsessed with the details and have a passion for experimentation?
We're looking for a robotic process automation engineer keen to work in a dynamic environment in an autonomous, self-organized, and collaborative agile teams that have the ownership of the products they build. We want you to apply and utilize emerging technologies and techniques, and put your ideas into action.
What you will do?
- Collaborate with passionate people on designing, building, and running intelligent automation solutions that save thousands of dollars on daily basis
- Analyze and gain a deep understanding of complex business processes to work on effective automation solutions that address real business problems
- Assess automation feasibility of new processes
- Identify technical requirements and contribute to building high-level architecture
- Work with various internal and external systems and APIs
- Partner with Product Manager and business stakeholders to identify new process opportunities
- Deliver high-performance technical solutions that come from better architecture, not just better code
- Collaborate with Groupon engineering teams across the globe
- At least 1+ years of experience in software development industry
- Very good coding skills in Python or another programming language
- Hands on experience in software testing and Selenium
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs
- Understanding of service oriented architecture
Nice to Have:
- Hands on experience in TDD and test automation techniques
- Familiarity with Docker and Ansible
- Hands on experience with CI and CD
- Experience in working with relational and/or noSQL databases
- S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science
What engineers do we value?
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code Just Works & scales linearly
- Team players: you believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.