Purpose of the job
Ekinops offers hardware and software solutions for data and voice that enable service providers to optimize the delivery of managed Cloud services and migration to SDN/NFV architectures.
Within the MSAR departement, the Release Coordination engineer is in charge, on Ekinops CPE’s softwares, to coordinate the definition and delivery of the content of the releases, the different types of associated tests, and finally to propose the official publication.
Duties and responsibilities
The Release Coordination engineer will have missions and responsibilities:
- Collect, synthesize, prioritize and track customer needs from anomalies records and resources made available to process them.
- Solicit, coordinate development and support teams in investigation of problems.
- Launch, coordinate requests for functional tests and validations according to the impacts and risks associated with the changes made to each edition.
- Communicate to the different teams via the appropriate means, information and the tasks required for the release process as well as the real-time update status and schedule of each edition.
- Ensure that the various teams involved respect their commitments, and alert the management if the discrepancies implicate publications outside the negotiable margins.
- Guarantee the consistency and quality of the software delivered with respect to the procedures and existing standards.
In addition, the Release Coordination engineer will actively participate:
- Definition and improvement of procedures, standards, tools and information system around his activity.
- Proposals for enrichment of functional test plans and validation.