Picnic is the world’s fastest growing online supermarket with a unique business model and a highly engaged customer base. Our mission is to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone.
Beyond that, we love working towards a greener future by using cutting-edge warehouse technologies and running a 100% electrical fleet of delivery vans.
We are on the hunt for a bright, energetic React Developer that will help us build our next public-facing websites in close collaboration with the marketing, acquisition, and HR teams. Are you ready to join?
Where you fit in
You get excited by creating exceptional products that change the lives of millions of people. You love writing high-quality code that works under all circumstances and is easy to maintain. You stay on top of the latest developments in the community and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. Finally, you recently graduated, or are about to graduate in Computer Science or a similar field (we’re never against some experience as well ;)).
What challenges await you
- Lay a solid foundation for the next generation of Picnic websites
- Interact with our designers and product owners to create specifications for new features
- Implement these features and ensure that they work correctly by writing tests
- Triage and resolve reported bugs
- Refactor older parts of our applications, to improve maintainability and extensibility
- Live and breathe innovation, technology, and engineering
Who you are
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or similar)
- Significant hands-on experience with React.js
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- Fluent in English, Dutch not required
- For bonus points:
- Open-source contributions or projects
Technologies you'll use
- NPM, Webpack, Yarn