Purpose of the job
R&D in Ekinops is organized in different programs. The open vacancy is located in the MSAR (multi-service access router) program located in – Heverlee, Belgium – Paris, France – Bangalore, India with developers, integrators and test engineers.
The test engineers are involved in firmware testing on the technologies developed in the MSAR division in Belgium: xDSL (ADSL, VDSL, SHDSL) and 3G/4G technology, gigabit routing and switching, Wi-Fi technologies, UTM (Universal Threat Management: e.g. IPSEC, firewall) and virtualization.
Direct job coaching is provided and you will gradually work more independently within the team (& take initiatives to improve problem solving)
Duties and responsibilities
As a System R&D Test engineer, you will be involved in:
- analyzing technical project and customer requirements
- designing test procedures and setups from these specifications from a higher system level
- executing technical testing based on above standardised test procedures in an network environment
- reproducing, reporting and analysing the discovered problems
- automating test sequences & test setups for upcoming maintenance software cycles
- designing and managing automation test framework architectures
- analysing the inter-operation of functionalities & technologies
- generating & documenting test reports