We are a rapidly growing fintech company based in London. We have built a fast and flexible cloud-based operating platform for financial services providers which allows our clients to create more innovative financial products than that of existing banking platform vendors.
In 2018, we enabled Chetwood Financial to launch their Live Lend and Smart Save brands using our platform, as well as the one-of-kind Reward Loan. Chetwood was the only bank fully authorised by the UK’s Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in 2018, and their entire business is run on our platform.
We are now reached the next milestone in our planned growth and are on the hunt for innovative thinkers and problem solvers to expand our various teams.
We're looking for a Quantitative Developer, who will work closely with the current development team and founders to further build out our quantitative capabilities. You’ll be responsible for designing, developing and testing high-performance libraries; as well intuitive, data-driven applications and APIs using Python, Django and anything else you feel strongly about.
We care about good code quality and inventiveness - your ideas will be welcome, and you will have the ability to shape the products we will build.
What we need from you:
We want someone who will become part of our core technology team, and will take ownership of key parts of the product.
We're looking for someone who has most, if not all of:
- Understanding of financial mathematics
- Computer Science or Software Engineering or Mathematics education or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of key computer science principals including algorithms, data structures and computational complexity theory
- Development experience in Python
- Familiarity with or exposure to other programming languages
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of software testing
- Experience of working with a web development framework (ideally Django)
- Experience using source control (ideally Git)
- Experience using Linux/Unix and a command line interface
- Desire to continue learning and developing skills
- Strong drive to create readable, testable and maintainable code
- Ability to constructively participate in and facilitate technical and functional discussions
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Minimum two years of work experience in the Finance sector and a good understanding of common retail financial products (loans, mortgages, deposit products)
- Understanding of the web, including client/server architecture
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure e.g. AWS
- Experience of using graphing or visualization frameworks
- Experience of artificial intelligence or machine learning techniques
- Experience of scaling and performance issues
- Open source contributions, or public profiles on github, bitbucket or similar
What we give you:
We love solving complex problems, which is why we have harboured a learned organisation environment. We want to help you do the best work of your career. No person or idea is too small, we offer everyone the opportunity to pitch and knowledge share, whether it’s through our weekly pizza brown bag sessions or team builds abroad! Everyone gets the chance to showcase what they can bring to our team. We have some of the greatest and diverse minds (from over 20 countries) collaborating alongside us.
We’re based right at the heart of the Silicon Roundabout (2 minutes from Old Street tube station).
Our benefits include: flexi-work, discounted gym and bike schemes, health insurance and you get to have your birthday off.