Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice.
We are building large scale distributed systems to serve growing needs of Kindle customers on Alexa and redefine Kindle books listening experience on Alexa enabled devices. Our team works backwards from customers by understanding their needs to design and implement solutions that addresses their current needs and scales for future. We are inventing the future, come join us!
We are looking for Quality Assurance Engineers who can expand the capabilities of this server and client software system to deliver products that will have huge impact on Alexa Customers' experience for Books.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the design, architecture, and implementation of products that span multiple internal Amazon teams to deliver solutions that are customer delighters. This role will have regular interactions with various internal business owners (Product Managers, Software Development Managers and Knowledge Engineers) to help prioritize tasks/projects, handling system issues, and managing communication across all stakeholders.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against schedules
· Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
· Champion the quality of features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates
· Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention
· Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system
· Evaluating and integrate open source and in house developed toolsets
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 3+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
· Demonstrated experience leading the creation and execution of large feature testing strategies
· Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
· Demonstrated experience utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems
· Software QA automation experience working with one or more of the following technologies: PHP, CSS, HTML, Java, Java Script, Python, PERL
· Experience working with databases, data processing, and analytic tools
· Creating and maintaining automated test frameworks
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other quality assurance engineers to maintain software quality
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and drive
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practice
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation