Are you a professional problem solver? Do you thrive in a role where you can be creative, communicative and collaborative? If you're looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a global platform, read on!
Our trivago Intelligence team in Palma needs a new teammate to focus on Quality Assistance, and not Quality Assurance: We're not looking for someone that assures our quality we rather want to build a team and a tooling system to ensure the quality of our results. That's why we need someone to advise and guide our developers to get better at testing through coaching and mentoring, as well as helping to build a champion test tooling and establishing testing patterns. You will be part of an ambitious team of 11 talents(Product Owner, Backends, Frontends, Designer, DevOps and another QA who will give you guidance and support along the way as you work together with the team).
Want to join the team? Read on and apply today!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Advise and guide our developers to improve their testing skillset by looking at their own software more critically.
- Think ahead of scenarios and edge cases.
- Improve the quality of story descriptions helping the developers to identify test scenarios and how to test them before starting coding.
- Identify lack of knowledge in the team.
- Coordinate the releases and testing infrastructure within the QA team.
- Perform manual testing while the team is improving the testing skills set.
- Work with the team to deliver quality results.
- Maintain, monitor and improve our testing framework.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure smooth operation of the application.
- Contribute in the planning of stories.
- Be the contact point for stakeholders when needed.
What you'll definitely need:
- Experience in test automation.
- Comfortable with a testing approach that is fast, flexible and continuously changing.
- A hunger to learn, set high goals and not rest until you achieve them.
- Great communication skills.
- You are eligible to work in Spain.
What we'd love you to have:
- 1+ year of experience being a QA in medium/big teams.
- Capability to analyse big topics and be able to split them by priorities.
- Commitment with your work and be able to take decisions based on the project needs.
- Proactive spirit in going beyond your scope if needed.
- Fluency in English, our company language.
- Availability to move between offices periodically.
- Willingness to embrace a multicultural team by learning German, Spanish and Swedish words.
- A sense of humour would be a plus!
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our sunny Palma office offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.