About Your Role
The QA team is responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality of all shipped software and customer-facing tech support of Veniam’s software and infrastructure. Our data networking platform includes a complex mix of embedded networking software and cloud-based components that must operate flawlessly in our customer’s devices and infrastructure.
As a QA Engineer, you will drive software verification and validation through functional testing, code inspection, and overall “let me try to break this” attitude. You’ll work closely with QA, Support, Platform Engineering, and DevOps teams to assure all software delivered matches the quality and definition-of-done of our product team and customers. You will be the gatekeeper of Veniam’s software quality by creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases as well as estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities.
All our customers are global leaders in the automotive industry. They expect the highest standards of software and service delivery, and you will play an important role in the company’s mission while enjoying unique opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Test and integrate Veniam Platform’s functionalities while identifying defective functionalities and working with other teams to find and fix their cause;
- Validate each functionality acceptance criteria and match with definition-of-done as established in the Product and Technology Roadmaps;
- Integrate different features/binaries/apps into the platform to deliver according to specifications;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans/cases and coordinate testing activities while ensuring the correctness of the related technical documentation;
- Identify, record, and document tracked bugs followed by thorough regression testing to confirm bug fixing;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts using open source tools;
- Identify key KPIs for software and functionalities quality assurance like defect densities and open defect counts;
- Stay up-to-date with the technology and recommend improvements to Quality Assurance at Veniam, while identifying cost, benefit, and risk of implementation.
- Solid knowledge of scripting (e.g., Bash and Python);
- Experience testing cloud environments and APIs (REST, SOAP, etc.);
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Hands-on experience with both white-box and black-box testing.
Qualifications and other Requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 3+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Problem-solving skills with solution-oriented attitude.
Sound good? Then click apply, we can't wait to meet you!