The QA engineer will work on the quality check of the .Net based portal, joining a development team spread out in the world. The primary tasks and competencies of a QA engineer are associated with ensuring that the product meets the required quality and that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
In addition, the engineer will diagnose and troubleshoot our .Net based platform and help our customers set up and configure the environment to ensure smooth work of the solution we provide. The primary tasks are associated with customer side communication making sure the solution is working correctly and all potential bugs are addressed properly. We also expect the following:
- Flawless communication with the client side and ability to translate the requests and concerns from them into technical language.
- Ability to express thoughts in clear and logical manner in the form of defects and requirements.
- Ability and interest to understand and interpret technically complex information and the relevant business domain.
- Support test process to ensure finished product quality.
- Work closely with software developers to ensure that the risk of new development is properly handled.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Running manual tests for fixes, new features and regression sessions.
- Formatting client issues to proper bug reports.
- Providing feedback to the usability of the features implemented and ideas to enhance.