We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our development team. In this position you will be part of the product team, that works on our main web application. You will mainly be working on our Python3 backend, which powers our API and serves as the main entry point for our services. You will also be working on our API integrations, ads services, our export channels, new user-facing features, and our background jobs through which we process hundreds of millions of products per day. You will also be closely working together with our Infrastructure and DevOps teams, which are working on many other services that power Channable under the hood. Your tasks will include the following:
- Contributing to our Python components and support new API’s
- Design, development and testing of new product features
- Collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- Improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- Work on scalability and performance improvements
- Work together with the sales and support teams on requirements and issues
We are using the following technologies and tools:
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Libraries: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Click, requests, async, logging
- Tools: Postgres, Redis, GCS, Alembic, mypy, pip, Sentry, Icepeak
If you want to read more about our development adventures, check out our tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/
You can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like.
Who are we looking for?
It’s important to us that you fit well into our team. Additionally, the following elements are required:
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience with web development, web technologies and APIs
- Good understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Good working knowledge of Linux, git and the command-line
- Committed to high engineering standards
- Living in The Netherlands (or willing to relocate) and in possession of a work permit (if you’re a non-EU citizen).
And then there are some things that are ‘nice to have’:
- Experience in tuning and scaling a big application
- Familiar with functional programming and its concepts
- Having worked with distributed systems before
- DevOps mentality
What do we offer?
- Challenging full-time function with space for personal initiative
- An interesting job within a talented team, with different levels of experience
- Competitive salary
- Career opportunities within Channable
- Working for a fast growing company with a young and ambitious team
- Awesome office in the city center of Utrecht (Janskerkhof)
Interested? Please send us your CV and motivation letter. Don't forget to include a link to your Github profile (if you have one)! We will go through application and get back to you within one week. If you piqued our curiosity, you will be invited for an interview in our office in Utrecht, or through Skype if you don't live in the area (yet). Your starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.