Would you like to be involved with Python and do you know how to combine techniques like RabbitMQ and ElasticSearch perfectly? Are you fed up with writing small-scale systems and would you like to work on a scalable product with which we can shake up the municipal market?
If you are not afraid to brainstorm with enthusiastic fellow coders who would like to learn from you, you might be our new Python developer!
We are looking for a coder that is capable of bringing our system to The Next Level. Our Open Source system is being developed "as we go". With a small (Dutch) team we are building a system that was originally designed in Perl. In the coming months we will migrate to Python and there will be plenty of room to build an application from scratch. Are you coming to work with us? A lot of responsibility and participation is guaranteed. We expect you to contribute to the technical vision behind the system. Which means:
- Hands-on programming and both strategic and abstract thinking;
- You are not alone, but your contribution does have a lot of impact;
- We give you the opportunity to develop innovative Open Source software;
- Understanding of users and long-term technical goals are essential.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Python developer;
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming (preferably multiple programming languages);
- Experience or affinity with techniques such as Docker, Redis, RabbitMQ and ElasticSearch or affinity with performance management and scaling of software systems;
- The ability to look at the overall system in an abstract way;
- The drive to make software systems smart, scalable and efficient.
- Great office space in Amsterdam, where we appreciate your vision and input;
- Leisure is important. Evenings and weekends are all yours;
- Real lunches, enough beer and top-notch work equipment (phone, laptop and everything else you need);
- Doing what you are good at and above all, giving you the space to become even better at it;
- Not to forget: a good salary.