Salary: from £35,500 per annum when working full time (35 hours a week)
(+ London weighting £2,370)
Location: Bristol or London
About the role
This is truly an aspiring role for any Python Developer!
You will work closely with our partners across the education sector to build and maintain an exciting new analytics platform. This will require knowledge of ETL processes, built in Python and using Amazon Web Services, to bring together data across many disparate systems.
This is an exciting, complex and broad reaching development service requiring knowledge of multiple systems, processes and technology.
Using your knowledge of data integration, you will make a huge difference to both our Analytics service and Education in the UK.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box, but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you are excited about working for us, and think you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of a range of relational and non-relational database systems
- Previous experience of application development
- An ability to listen to and interpret requirements, mentor and manage others, and negotiate and influence stakeholders
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research – by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
We want Jisc to be a great place to work. A place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun – how we work is a vital part of that. Our values are our guiding principles. They define how we work and help us to do what we do so well. Our values are:
- Pride: We have pride in what we do but aren’t arrogant or complacent
- Passion: Our passion drives everything we do
- Pace: We deliver at the right pace to meet the needs of our members and each other
- Trust: You can trust us to deliver on our promises
- Teamwork: We are one team and teamwork makes us better
Why work at Jisc
- We’re working towards being a flexible organisation and our people having a good work/life balance is important to us. We focus on outputs and outcomes rather than presenteeism, so as long as you’re delivering to our high standards and doing a great job, we are open to a variety of working arrangements.
- We’re constantly learning and developing, and all our people have access to a comprehensive range of learning resources to help them achieve this.
- Our benefits are pretty good too – we offer 25 days holiday (plus 3 days Christmas closure), contribute a huge 19.5% to your 8.8% for your pension from day one, and can provide discounts with various IT suppliers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans, and generous parental leave arrangements (amongst many other things).
This role will be based in Bristol or London.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK may be required at times.
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success. We are continuing to drive an inclusive culture, so if you are great at what you do and embrace our values, we want to hear from you.
We have an agile and proactive recruitment process and review CV’s as we receive them. We don’t use closing dates – we interview as soon as we receive suitable applications, so please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
No agencies please.