As a developer you will work on designing and implementing backend services which enhance internal systems at trivago. The team has ownership over all technical decisions and development processes so you will have multiple opportunities to experiment with new technologies and tools as well as help making the way we develop better.
We offer an international, result-driven, fun, and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice! Our development atmosphere has a laid back feeling and working times are rather flexible. We have a budget for employee education and support developers improving their skill set during normal business hours.
We believe that the most productive developers should have the full backing of the company. We ensure that our developers have modern equipment and office environment allowing uninterrupted development.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement and maintain new services and APIs
- Scale and improve existing backend services
- Work in close cooperation with the various departments, contribute to improving continuous integration practices.
- Support team members' professional development, technology coaching and share the responsibility for the team and its proper functioning
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer with Python
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience building modern APIs for different clients
- Proficient with SQL
- Comfortable in Unix/Linux environment
What we´d love you to have:
- Experience with continuous integration
- Knowledge of data processing at scale - designing, developing and continually improving tools
- Comfortable working with microservice-oriented architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of agile concepts and methodologies
- a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of following tools: PostgreSQL, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Spark
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook - @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
What we need you to provide:
In the 'My Experience' step of the application process please upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivation letter (including salary expectations)
- For non-EU citizens and if available: a copy of your work permit or visa
Looking forward to hearing from you!