Mediavine, a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 4600 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space, is searching for a technical support engineer to assist in supporting our publishers and work with our engineering team to launch new products. We are looking for a junior level developer to assist our support team in triaging bugs, onboarding new sites, and solving technical problems for our publishers.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable explaining technical issues in non-technical ways, and someone who is able to provide excellent service throughout stressful situations. Since you will be working with publishers who may be dealing with difficult issues, we expect you to be able to empathize with our publishers and help de-escalate situations.
As a Publisher Support Engineer at Mediavine, you can expect to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve support tickets from publishers
- Move new publishers through the launch process from contracts to live ads on site
- Work with the development team on plugin rollouts
- Work with the support team to triage different technical problems
- Help to educate publishers on technical concepts & explain in non-technical ways
- Provide basic tweaks to customer blogs
- A Bachelors Degree is great, but we also value and consider self-taught and on the job experience!
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS
- Technical experience within the Wordpress platform
- Familiar with Content Management Systems (WordPress, Blogger, SquareSpace, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in a customer service role
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to empathize with publishers
- Continuous drive to learn
- Native level proficiency with the English language with a passion for writing swift and accurate responses
- Located within the United States
- Ability to process feedback and process changes quickly and with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic attitude about taking on new projects, shifting gears and taking on new responsibilities, which can sometimes involve rapidly researching to become a subject matter expert
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Slack, Intercom, GSuite, Trello, Git
- Experience with transactional databases (SQL, mySQL, etc.)
- Comfortable using DevTools for site inspections, assessments and debugging
- Travel opportunities
- Work Remote
- Comprehensive Benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning Allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Awesome side benefits such as home-office upgrades, a tuition reimbursement program, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, birthday gift cards, free cool swag and more!