This position is ideal for a self-motivated, practical, enthusiastic individual with experience in servicing laboratory or industrial metrology instruments.
The mission of the Product Support Engineer is to ensure timely installation of new instruments, rapid response and resolution of any service issues, remote service hotline support and maintaining and creating the service documentation. The correct candidate will need to have great communication skills, an investigative mind and be good at problem solving with an attention to detail.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Checking the status of all systems and hardware: on site directly or remotely
- Reproducing customer issues and investigating them together with development team
- Document precisely issues with context in tracking system
- Support Software Test Execution activities when required
- Responding to help requests from staff members or clients
- Installing and configuring new systems (software and hardware)
- Troubleshooting systems with software and hardware related issues (replacing malfunctioning or damaged hardware when necessary)
- Prioritize properly issues and escalate risks to development team
- Training of Service, Sales team members and Distributors
- Create and maintain technical service documentation and procedures
- Up to 30% travel, mainly in Europe
Requirement, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum Bachelor in Electronics, Computer Science, Micro-Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in software troubleshooting is a must
- Strong Hands-on skills is a must
- Experience using scripting like Python is an asset
- Experience using bug tracking system is an asset
- Able to work independently and travel freely, full driver’s license
- Prior knowledge of microscopy or imaging platforms is a bonus
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Service oriented mindset
- Enthusiasm to support a new technology in the market
- Team player spirit, a quick perception and a resourceful and fast-learning mindset
- Have a strong sense of commitment and responsibility to respect planning deliverables
- Fluent English is required
- Swiss or EU Citizen
What we can offer
You will get the opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with highly motivated, competent and experienced individuals, and make a real difference for our customers. You will be working with a cutting-edge technology and facing the exclusive challenge of making it accessible to a wide audience by implementing creative solutions.
Please connect to our website and fill your application including cover letter and CV.