WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
One of the most exciting areas is our ambition to digitalise our stores by building digital products that creates a seamless and engaging digital in-store experience. The in-store digital product teams are responsible for designing, developing and running both customer and co-worker facing digital products with the goal of delivering an IKEA unique, best in class retail experience today and tomorrow.
We believe that creating digital products that supports our co-workers to better serve our customers is key for our success. In this role you will be key in supporting this development. The passion of being at the leading edge of technology and digital innovation makes you motivated to keep learning and to forget the obsolete. The appreciation for the mix of strategic thinking, turning software engineering trends into practice energizes you to do the effort work independently, interdependently and cross functions. You are as person working agile, also being open to change and that motivates you to share and live the IKEA culture and values to them around you.
You have minimum of 5 years of progressive and diverse experience in digital product development. Experience in working with and knowledge of the needs of customer or clients both internal and external are a plus. You have demonstrable experience both in conducting quantitative, qualitative analysis and in working in an Agile or DevOps working set-up. A mind-set of analytical skills and experience making decisions based on hard and soft data are one of your advantages you bring with you to the position. You know how to communicate and collaborate with teams and with business and technical stakeholders.
You have the knowledge in following areas:
- extensive knowledge of retail and particularly the processes of operating a store, merchandizing, in-store logistics and selling
- retail technology platforms
- development of web and mobile applications
- extensive experience with agile development practices, particularly owning and running specific agile events such as backlog refinement and sprint reviews
- extensive of experience in developing/writing user stories,
- bring a data-driven approach to decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs
- IKEAs corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people
- IKEA Brand and way of working
As a person you hold the ability to take ownership and make effective decisions which stimulates your creative ideas and perspectives, that add value to understand the complexity of IKEA Business and in understanding the of technology as an integrated part of the business. You hold intermediate analytical capabilities, including both quantitative and qualitative analysis. As a result you are delivery focused with excellent attention to detail and drive to resolve issues. You can coordinate and direct activities (incl. virtual) to help achieve business objectives, with the effort to also reach long-term business objectives. You demonstrate strong IKEA leadership skills by using sound judgements to make timely and effective decision.
The Product Specialist supports product owners in making tactical decisions by measuring, analysing and reporting on the performance of digital products.
- serve as subject matter expert for product team members and other co-workers, providing insights, context and additional information as needed to help understanding of what is required
- measure, analyse and report on the performance of the Digital Products against business goals and KPIs
- be responsible for all product related analysis, utilizing both customer and product data
- support the Product Owner in tactical decision making with analysis results and insights
- support the Product Owner in writing user stories
- develop an in-depth understanding of the stakeholders’ (Product Manager & other business stakeholders) needs and interpret and share that understanding with the product team, providing context, as needed to ensure what they develop and deliver what is expected
- test, analyse and validate the actual impact of the product to make sure the product reaches its goals
- work with co-workers to understand and quantify their needs and requirements, ensuring they are included and integrated into the product (and directed by the Product Manager/Owner)
- work cross-functional to ensure that the agile team has what is needs and remove blockers that prevent the agile team from maximizing the delivery of digital products
In this role you will report to the Product Manager.
This role is located in Malmö
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of future and existing technology using agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have questions regarding the role, please reach out to Johan Andersson at [email protected] If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with Hamid Alamin at [email protected]