WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
As a person you are passionate about being at the leading edge of technology and digital innovation. We believe you appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning software engineering trends into practice and that you get energized by working both independently and interdependently as well as cross functions. Your motivation is to work agile, be open to change, keep learning and forget the obsolete. And of course you share the IKEA culture and values.
We believe you have a minimum of five years of progressive and diverse experience in digital product development and a demonstrable experience in working in an agile or DevOps working set-up. You have a strong business acumen and a strategic & commercial mind-set and knowledge as well as experience working with various technology platforms. You are experienced in working with, and understanding, the needs of internal customers (co-workers), and are able to lead a cross-functional team through influence. Furthermore you have proven analytical skills and experience in making decisions based on hard & soft data, and you have strong communication skills with business and technical stakeholders.
You have knowledge in following:
- extensive knowledge of retail, particularly in-store shopping behaviours
- user experience research and conceptualizing
- development and operations of digital solution in a physical retail environment
- development of innovative, user-centric digital solutions e.g. game development, 3D/VR/AR experiences
- extensive experience with agile development practices, particularly owning and running specific agile events such as backlog refinement and sprint reviews
- experience in developing/writing user stories
- leading, directing and empowering team members without formal management authority
- data-driven approach to decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs
In addition you demonstrate a combination of a technical engineering knowledge, are an effective people manager, make effective decisions and understands the complexity of IKEA business and the role of technology as an integrated part of the business. You have the ability to apply agile analysis techniques for creating user stories and acceptance criteria, to take ownership, coordinate and direct activities (incl. virtual) to help achieve business objectives. You are also delivery focused with excellent attention to detail. The drive to resolve issues and your effort to achieve long-term business objectives stimulates creative ideas and perspectives.
In the role as Product Owner you will prioritize, coordinate and manage the development and deployment of digital products that supports our customers in their shopping journey in our stores as well as ensuring that the development stay aligned with the set out business goals and OKRs.
- be responsible for maximizing the business results and customer value resulting from the
- development and deployment of digital products, by making trade-off decisions as needed
- support the Product Manager in developing the product roadmap
- ensure they have a good understanding of the product roadmap and vision as defined by the
- Product Manager to inform the creation and prioritization of the backlog
- actively manage the digital product backlog, including clearly expressing product backlog items and prioritizing items based on business goals and optimization of work in the agile team
- be involved in sprint planning meetings to help provide clarity and elaborate features and user stories to help the team better understand the requirements and how success will be measured
- define and deliver acceptance criteria and the ‘Definition of Done’ working collaboratively with the rest of the team
- when needed work with customer to understand and qualify their needs and requirements, ensuring they are included and integrated into the product as needed
- act as a subject matter expert for Product teams, providing insight, context and additional information as needed to help understanding of what is required
- work collaboratively with other Product Owners & Managers across Digital to refine the backlog and identify cross journey dependencies
- engage with Chapter Leads regarding resources and functional expertise required in the agile team
- work cross-functional to ensure that the agile team has what is needs and remove blockers that prevent the agile team from maximizing the delivery of digital products
In this role you will report to the Product Manager.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
IN-STORE DIGITAL EXPERIENCE
One of the most exciting areas is our ambition to digitalise our stores by building digital products that creates a seamless and engaging digital in-store experience. The in-store digital product teams are responsible for designing, developing and running both customer and co-worker facing digital products with the goal of delivering an IKEA unique, best in class retail experience today and tomorrow.
We believe that by carefully orchestrate the digital in-store journey of our customers we can support them with features that makes their shopping experience more convenient and rewarding. In this role you will be leading this development.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT! If you have questions regarding the role, please reach out to Johan Andersson at [email protected] If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with Hamid Alamin at [email protected]