Job Description:Pomelo is a leading online fashion company in Emerging Asia. Backed by fashion and technology investors from across the world, Pomelo brings its unique fast fashion style to Emerging Asia through a technology-driven, vertically-integrated design, and production model. Our growth strategy is to merge our online focus of mobile and social with the latest trends and data.
As the Product Manager Team Lead at Pomelo, you will be a core part of the Product & Engineering team to create new features on the web and app. You will be working with teams across departments from Content Marketing, Visual Design, and Production to create the frontend and backend specs for the developers.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather requirements and transform into spec tickets for developers.
- Break down projects into bite-size tasks for each developer, writing very clear and actionable tickets, and follow up on the progress.
- Maintain projects documentations for the Product & Engineering Team.
- Supports product strategy by forming a backlog of features and user stories for use by a Scrum delivery team.
- Articulates requirements for each user story with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Owns prioritization of the product backlog, constantly optimizing for business value, guest satisfaction, required investment, and delivery risk.
- Effectively uses data and insights from multiple sources that benefit the business and our guests
- Relentlessly pursues incremental delivery by looking for ways to meet business goals and learn from guests through frequent, measurable enhancements.
- Works collaboratively and uses best practices with the delivery team to support backlog refinement, sprint planning, and long term release planning.
- Monitors and improves product health.
- Ensures completed stories meet acceptance criteria by reviewing test plans, the output of automated testing or, where necessary, contributing to manual testing efforts.
- Prioritize and collaborate in a resolution of customer issues and defects.
- Provides support during system outages or emergency situations including occasional 24x7 on-call duties.
- Seek and improve processes across the entire product team.
- Effectively communicates with team members, stakeholders, and all levels of management.
- Leads the demonstration of new features to stakeholders.
- Provides direction, mentorship, and coaching to junior Product Owners.
- Provides vendor management oversight as needed.
- Stays abreast of e-commerce and retail industry trends and presents a compelling competitive analysis for feature development.
- BA required, preferably from Economics, Computer Science, Math & Statistics, or related fields.
- 1-2 years of experience as Product Manager or Business Analyst or in a project management role with a proven track record of successful data-driven projects.
- Able to provide inputs, start new initiatives, and prioritize under pressure.
- Strong Excel skills, and basic SQL knowledge required.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge in coding is highly preferred but not required.
- Team player and highly analytical mindset. Enjoy solving problems through discussion and A/B testing.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and project management software, preferably JIRA.