At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are developing cutting edge deep learning algorithms to revolutionize the way how microscopy slides in histopathology are analyzed.
We are a central histopathology lab within the research organization of Boehringer Ingelheim. Our job is to support a broad range of therapeutic research areas with readouts from microscopy slides.
The position will be placed in an image analysis team which belongs to the histopathology lab. You will contribute to the development of novel deep learning solutions to analyze digital pathology slides. Ultimately your work will support the faster and more efficient development of better medicines.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a team developing revolutionary deep learning based approaches to transform life sciences.
The position is limited for 2 years and is located in Biberach, Germany. Generally, there is the option for a 1 year extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a postdoctoral fellow, you contribute to the advancement of existing deep learning workflows within the digital histopathology lab.
- You will perform research and development of a new deep learning method for anomaly detection in digital images of histopathological samples.
- Additionally, you review scientific journals and other sources to monitor new methods relevant for the research project.
- You have the opportunity to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals.
- In order to develop most relevant applications you collaborate with internal teams and scientists.
- With your expertise in deep learning you get the chance to attend relevant meetings and congresses.
- Doctoral degree in computer science, biomedical sciences, physics, or a related field
- Experience with the development of deep learning models for computer vision tasks
- Good knowledge in writing quality codes in python, using relevant libraries (e.g. Keras, Tensorflow, Scikit Learn, Pandas, OpenCV), and tools (e.g. Git)
- Know-how in computer vision algorithms is beneficial
- Good understanding of biological questions in a research environment and hands-on experience in advanced microscopy techniques in life science is a plus
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Ms. Stefanie Seidel, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 / 54-187794