At BMW Car IT, we live software. As a 100%-owned subsidiary of the BMW Group were at the cutting edge of shaping tomorrows mobility through our work in areas like autonomous driving. But it takes passion, expertise and an unwavering commitment to quality to ensure that the on-board hardware that runs our autonomous driving software is every bit as state-of-the-art. And thats where you come in. To ensure we can continue our pioneering work in this future-defining field, our team is currently looking for a:
Performance & Stability Engineer for Embedded Systems (f/m).
Your role will be to create uncompromising hardware solutions for on-board electrical systems in line with our state-of-the-art development processes. Working both autonomously and as part of a closely-knit team, you will enjoy end-to-end responsibility for the design of ECU architectures across the entire lifecycle up until series production. This will include analysis and debugging of critical errors or runtime issues as well as finding software solutions up to ASIL D for industrialisation. Last but not least, your attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality will ensure that the performance and stability of our embedded systems are nothing less than benchmark.
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related subject
- A proven track record in embedded software development
- Expertise in at least one programming language (C++ or C)
- Good knowledge of hardware architectures, microprocessors (e.g. PowerPc, TriCore, Arm, IA-64) and Assembler
- In-depth knowledge of software stacks and bus systems (Ethernet, LAN, LIN)
- Expertise in the fields of software integration and/or classic/adaptive AUTOSAR, debugging methods and OSEK/POSIX operating systems
- Fluent business English and good German language skills
- A strong analytical mind and unwavering commitment to quality.