As an Ops engineer, you will be working in an End to End team “Squad” where you contribute to different solutions from an IT perspective in the domain of Market Risk Management.
Together with your team members you will be maintaining and supporting the main application and surrounding tools used within the department. The main focus of the role is to manage the Oracle database used by the application and to support the release process of the application including its database model changes. This includes proper version control, testing and deployment to the production environment.
Your work environment
The Market Risk Management department within ING DBNL is based in Amsterdam and comprises of 30 experts. Mainly Quants and Risk officers but also a team of IT experts who are responsible for the entire IT landscape used.
The main application used is a high performance application in-house build using java combined with the Hibernate/ Spring framework. The application is responsible for a large set of complex calculations on big data sets where speed is key.
Within Department, we use the Agile way of working combined with Continuous Delivery Engineering Practices. Git, Maven, Jenkins and Python scripting should be part of your toolset experience.
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer science or related
- Knowledge of Data Modelling and Oracle is a must
- Knowledge of high performance applications (High load)
- Some shell scripting or python is highly desired
- Experience working with Relational databases in general and some experience with NoSQL databases is desirable.
- Knowledge of the mainstream CI/CD processes and tooling (Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory, Git, etc…)
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Strong communication skills, Team player, and analytical skills.
- Some banking experience is desirable but not a must
What we offer
- A challenging job within ING
- A 36 or 40 hours based contract
- A great salary
- Benefits such as a 13th month’s salary, Public Transfer Business Card, pension scheme
- A step towards an international career at ING with a quantitative basis
- A dynamic and agile working environment
- The possibility to improve yourself through a wide range of trainings and courses