Start your mission at the German Aerospace Center - DLR.
Our facility Simulation and Software Technology is looking for several new colleagues in Braunschweig and Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich.
You will join a team of software scientists and engineers working on onboard software for satellites, in our working group Onboard Software Systems in Braunschweig and Oberpfaffenhofen. We develop software for national and international space missions. Among others, our current mission involvement covers missions to the ISS, sounding rocket experiments, small satellites, lunar landers and global navigation satellite systems. Our main focus resides on real-time operating systems, driver development, middleware, CDH, AOCS and distributed embedded systems. Additionally, the team has excellence in onboard software product assurance, model-driven development and software engineering techniques.
We are searching new passionate colleagues who want to strengthen our existing team, by conducting software research and development tasks in our current and future space flight missions. We aim for a team-player and reliable person with the capability to conduct and coordinate complex tasks over team boundaries.
Your key tasks and responsibilities include:
- research and development of system software for embedded real-time systems for spacecraft
- design and implementation of software architecture for complex mission critical software systems following engineering guidelines and standards of the space domain
- application and research of advanced programming techniques for safety-critical software systems
- requirements analysis of onboard software
- documentation of research, evaluations, and reviews
- presentation of research and development results on international conferences
- Master degree computer science or in a relevant technical field
- experience in embedded systems software programming on Linux and RTOS, like RTEMS
- multi-years experiences in embedded software development in C/C++
- knowledge in the area of software engineering methodologies (Continuous Integration, Git, etc.)
- fluent in English in written and spoken word (being capable of German is of advantage)
- conformance with the personal requirements for handling of export controlled goods and information according to German, European and American export control laws is an asset
- experience in hardware driver development is of advantage
- experience with software development standards and Guidelines of the space domain is of advantage
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development.Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives.Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (m/f/non-binary).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
To send your application for the same position in Braunschweig please follow this link.