Job Description: Office Manager & Executive Assistant to CTO
Want to be part of an exciting award-winning start-up redefining the retail industry as we know it? We want to hear from you if you’re a talented, organized Office Manager or Administrator wanting to join and support an energetic, fast-moving team.
MishiPay's patent-pending technology allows in-store shoppers to scan the barcode of any product with their phone, pay within the phone and simply walk out with the item. We also integrate completely into existing systems of retailers and ensure security against theft through our technology, so we essentially provide every store with the Amazon Go experience at only a fraction of the cost.
We are now at the stage where we are scaling up, growing our team and our presence. We are looking for a sharp, super-organized Office Manager & Executive Assistant for our CTO to join our talented team and support and enhance our daily office procedures. If you’re an energetic, fast-thinking, team player, with broad-ranging admin experience, ideally within an SME or start-up, then we’d love to hear from you. You’ll have excellent verbal and written English, and you’ll be able to communicate effectively with everyone in the business, including senior management and board members!
You’ll be the main point of contact for our people, providing administrative support where needed. As part of your daily tasks, you’ll manage office stock and inventory, deal with travel, expenses and manage our office budget. You’ll produce management reports when needed and organize our company information. As an integral part of our team, your support will be invaluable as we grow, you’ll be the voice of calm in our busy, fast-moving environment!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Management of Utilities at the office and ensuring the bills are paid on time.
- Preparation of regular reports on expenses and office budgets
- Maintenance and updating of company database of customers, partners, vendors, and suppliers
- Organization and maintenance of a straightforward filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Management and replenishment of office supplies and equipment
- Carry out day to day reception duties, greeting and looking after visitors with a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintenance of a companywide calendar and scheduling of appointments
- Booking of meeting rooms as required
- Distribution and store of correspondence (e.g. letters, emails, and packages)
- Global travel arrangements, booking flights and accommodation
- Scheduling of in-house and external events
- Managing documentation for the CTO, ensuring that agendas and papers required for meetings are prepared in advance and properly filed afterward.
- Creating detailed notes and documents (Google Docs) for key meetings
- Building Spreadsheets and workbooks where required
- Ensuring that telephone messages, emails and written correspondence are reviewed daily and that urgent requests are prioritized and dealt with appropriately
You’ll have at least 1-2 years’ experience of working in a busy office, ideally within a growing business and you’ll enjoy a varied role, where no two days are the same.
You’ll have strong IT skills, including MS Office and Google-suite (Email/Drive/Calendar etc.) and ideally be able to offer basic desktop support to internal staff or at least be willing to learn.
You’ll be happy to roll your sleeves up to get things done and you’ll be able to prioritize your workload effectively to meet required deadlines. You’ll also:
- Be an articulate and clear communicator, friendly, open and flexible.
- Be a positive individual with a ‘can do’ approach, who enjoys troubleshooting.
- Have a service orientated approach, demonstrating reliability and professionalism at all times.
- Be happy to assist with general office projects as and when needed.
- Have an ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Display excellent organizational skills and flexibility.
- Be able to think on your feet to offer solutions where needed.
- Be a graduate or have an equivalent level of education.
You’ll work with a truly global, multi-cultural team who are striving to make MishiPay redefine the retail industry globally!! You’ll get to work with some super-talented individuals and receive on-the-job pitch training, to help you become a key influencer with our high-profile technology and retail partners.
We want everyone we hire to be treated fairly, we’ll offer a realistic bonus package that will be achievable. We’ll also offer free laptop, equity and an East London HQ, in the heart of one of the main tech and start-up hubs in the world.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then tell us why you think you’d make a difference to MishiPay!