ING is looking for a passionate and experienced NLP Data Engineer who will further develop and maintain our conversational platform and further develop and maintain the architecture of this platform in order to support current and incoming projects.
Your passion is to work with the latest and greatest technologies that make working with large amounts of data easy, you’re pro-active in keeping yourself up to date and are always searching for new ways to discover new technologies. You also enjoy laying the architectural foundations for the things you’re working on. You combine both thinking of the future and a hands-on, right now attitude. You will work in a team with highly skilled people and enjoy a creative atmosphere where trying things out is encouraged.
Your passion is to work with the latest and greatest technologies in the field of Data Engineering. You will work as an engineer on different projects. Those can be spread in multiple ING countries. Your role will be to help experiment and launch new initiatives and support local teams and their projects within ING
What you'll do
As a Data Engineer, you are the single most important part of the team. Without your work, nothing moves, data sits idle and useless in a DB or even worse: in excel sheets. You are the one combining these sources in real-time, distributed systems to handle large amounts of data loads in no-time. Data scientists, analysts, business users, CEO’s are continuously praising you, thank you, worshipping you.
That’s when you wake up to go to work. After your morning coffee, you sit with data scientists to find the best way to get their models to run in production, leading the way in how to aggregate the data and process it efficiently for each model. You talk to the business to ingest new sources, cleaning and preparing the data and writing the code that connects it to your application. After a lunch break with colleagues, you think of a new technology you’d like to try out. You start investigating and write it up for the next experimentation day. At the end of the afternoon, you finalize some comments colleagues had on your latest blog post or start building your presentation for the next conference you’re presenting at. As a Data Engineer working for the ING Analytic Unit, you’ll never get bored with many experienced and skilled engineers around you, the freedom to innovate and not only use open source tooling but also contribute and teach about them.
How to succeed
- Experience in programming languages such as Java, Python
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key data science questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Knowledge of data manipulation and transformation, e.g. SQL
- Exposure to Big Data Ecosystem and hands-on knowledge on Hadoop, hive, pig, spark
- Deployment and provisioning automation tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI/CD
- Bash scripting and Linux systems administration
- Affinity with Natural Language Processing Techniques (as API, e.g. LUIS, Dialogflow… and as a model e.g. SVM, Logistic Regression, BERT…)
- Affinity for working in an Agile environment
- Great team player
- Interest in NLP domain
- Ability to think big and create replicable future-proof components to fasten virtual assistants pipeline building across all ING units
Within the Customer Dialogue Analytics Centre of Expertise team, we mainly use and experiment with the following technologies and frameworks:
- Python & Jupiter Notebook
- Analytical platform:
- Java / Scala
- Cassandra / Oracle
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today located at ING Amsterdam. Discover our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th-month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
Feel free to contact Haineto Fernández Smeding, Recruiter. Email: [email protected] Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a dierence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.