We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
We use technology such as cloud computing and microservice architectures, application of advanced analytical algorithms within machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence and we need your passion and courage to drive this area of the business further.
We have one of Norway's most exciting IT organizations and we are looking for both established professionals and junior talents with Computer Science / Computer Engineering background. The IT organization has an exciting and important role securing, evolving and maintaining our complex IT infrastructure, and drive our journey to the cloud.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
As part of IT in Equinor we are building agile/cross functional teams and DevOps culture.
You will be part of our team with responsibilities shown below;
• Design and architect for automation and infrastructure as code. Focus on increased levels of automation and self-service across our services
• Maintain functional expertise on the latest security, networking, telephony and telecommunication and cloud technologies including surrounding industry best practices
• Provide security domain expertise (zero trust) and perform security evaluations on new platforms, products, architectures, vendors, and services
• Deliver technology advisory and implementation services both on-premises and in cloud, with a global perspective
• Build multidisciplinary IT and cyber security competence for current and future needs
• Provide hands on infrastructure system administration and troubleshooting expertise as needed
• Take part in agile teams, including design, development, testing, implementation, and support of technical solutions globally
Demonstrated knowledge within one or more of the following areas:
• Network technologies
• Security technologies
• Scripting and automation
• Cloud technologies
Bachelor’s or master’s technical degree within related field, relevant experience may compensate for formal education.
Both experienced candidates and new graduates will be considered.
• Strong IT security and operational excellence mindset
• Ability to understand and handle risk
• Motivated by team work
• Problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Eagerness to develop personal skills and to build a broad infrastructure competence
• Analytical skills, innovative and creative
• Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
Not just a job: a career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognise that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. We offer opportunities for flexible working.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.