As a Frontend Engineer in our Marketing Solutions team, you will actively shape the technical future of our high-quality marketing tools. In this role, you will work with top-notch technologies in a dynamic environment, enjoying the freedom to question established processes, broaden your horizons and develop new designs and effects.
If you are constantly seeking new challenges, and want to work within a creative, cutting edge setting, then read on, and join the Talent Community today!
What you'll do:
- Create user interfaces for our high-quality marketing applications.
- As a mediator between our designers and other developers, your knowledge and expertise in these two domains will be required.
- With the implementation of modern designs, you make sure that our front end is always a step ahead.
- Using pre-processors, you will code efficient, maintainable, scalable and cross-browser compatible CSS.
- Support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
- Ensure trivago maintains its trendsetter status by familiarizing yourself with new technologies and keeping an eye out for upcoming trends and their applicability to our site.
What you'll definitely need:
- To have studied a core module in IT, or alternatively have successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- Excellent CSS3/HTML5 knowledge, refined by extensive experience dealing with template engines.
- To take pride in your ability to build responsive sites and bullet proof CSS.
- To be no stranger to progressive enhancement.
- Extensive experience in the implementation of complex designs, ideally in a high-traffic environment.
- To love technical challenges and to strive for continuous development.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- Knowledge of Angular and React will be appreciated.
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working from our picturesque Palma office overlooking the port
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook - @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.