We are currently looking for a motivated and experienced Support Engineer to help us with tackling our customer support issues, whether that be queries regarding Network, Server, Cloud or Software. However, your focus will lie within Linux maintenance and further development. You will not be joining a “Call Centre” environment with unstimulating and routine work, instead you will be joining an international and highly qualified team, dealing with complex and exciting customer queries. Therefore, you have a customer centric perspective in the way you work and strive for customer satisfaction.
- Processing support requests, as well as troubleshooting and remote analysis/maintenance of our customer systems are a part of your daily tasks
- You will support our Pre-Sales team with their customer queries and participate in onsite installations
- You will participate in the monitoring, change- and incident management of our internal and external customer systems
- You make sure that all tickets and documentations are held to a high standard
- You will work on internal projects as well, helping out with all things Linux
- You will partake in our on-call services
- You have successfully completed an IT or Computer Science degree, or have comparable experience within professional services
- You have work experience within GNU/Linux systems and network administration
- You have hands-on experience working with at least one of the listed Linux systems: RedHat, CentOS, Debian and/or Ubuntu
- You have experience working alongside and communicating with clients or customers
- You preferably have AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or OpenStack knowledge
- You are a flexible and open-minded individual, who can make educated decisions under pressure
- You are willing and able to travel onsite to customers (maximum 10% travel a year)
- You have very good English speaking and writing skills
My name is Swen Elges and I am the Head of Professional Services. I have been at Exasol for two years and love the spirit, enthusiasm and cooperation of the company. As a team, we are a growing international team, who are focused on delivering the best support and services. For this we do not only process incoming tickets but have direct contact with our customers to understand their business needs.
Exasol is one of the most exciting software companies in Europe and a global technology leader in the Big Data and Analytics market. Our high-performance, cloud-first analytics database gives companies the power to transform how their organization works with data – and turn it into value faster, easier and more cost effectively than ever before.
With an ambitious international team, we help companies of all sizes achieve their goals with data support. Our team is characterized by inventiveness, enthusiasm and curiosity. In order to continue our worldwide expansion, we are looking for employees who want to make a difference and actively shape our dynamic growth.
- 30 days holiday for your enjoyment
- Home office opportunity
- Subsidy for company pension schemes
- Complementary Yoga classes and massages
- Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages
- Table tennis and table football available in the office for your enjoyment
- Company events, such as summer and Christmas parties