We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
To achieve our ambitions as a sustainable and innovative organization, Equinor has launched a company-wide digital roadmap which will also accelerate value creation from technology. Equinor’s goal is to be a digital leader within our core operations. Digital technologies will improve safety, reduce the carbon footprint from our operations and enable new business models.
IT infrastructure and security (IAS) provides internal infrastructure and cyber security services to Equinor. IT Infrastructure consists of 7 departments and approximately 115 employees.
We are seeking candidates to strengthen our Compute & Storage team with Linux skills.
Both experienced candidates and new graduates will be considered.
This advert is a part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be handled on a continuous basis.
• Be a part of a competence team that handles architecture and design of Linux infrastructure
• Continuously improve Equinor’s IT infrastructure and cyber security solutions
• Advise business users in design and implementation
• Build multidisciplinary IT and cyber security competence for current and future needs
• Take part in our cloud journey (Azure)
We are looking for candidates with skills in one or more of these areas:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with core infrastructure technologies like Linux
• Competence in system design and architecture
• Good understanding and experience with cloud infrastructure in Microsoft Azure
• Competence/Experience usage of Azure Resource Manager (ARM ) templates or Azure CLI should be included.
• Kubernetes/docker (container technologies)
• Developing / programming / scripting in bash, python, Json and ansible
• Knowledge of version control system (Git) will be an advantage
• Redhat/CentOs. Ubuntu knowledge is a plus
Relevant experience may compensate for any missing degrees
• Ability to understand and manage a modern and complex IT infrastructure
• Ability to understand and handle risk
• Team player with ability to work individually and in teams
• Problem solving skills
• Good abilities to communicate both verbally and in writing technical language to non-technical clients
• Continuous learning. You prefer automation before manual work, looking forward rather than looking at the past
• Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
Both experienced candidates and new graduates will be considered
Not just a job: a career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognise that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. We offer opportunities for flexible working.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to [email protected]
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Title and discipline band will be decided based on the candidate's experience.