Do you want to design and build systems to provide a secure 4G communication networks for our armed forces? Could you create systems that can allow a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network? Want to work on the next generation of Military IT systems? Or develop the technology needed to send a text message to an inflight Typhoon, or even phone the pilot up? Would you like to be part of a team, integrating leading edge technologies to provide our military services with competitive advantage?
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
Your main responsibilities as a Junior Systems Engineer will involve:
- Performing requirements, design and implementation, system integration and test tasks, within schedule and estimates
- Adherence to systems engineering practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
As part of the engineering team you will work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Junior Systems Engineer:
Competence in at least one of the following:
- Requirements Engineering
- Defining architectures (e.g. MoDAF, TOGAF)
- Defining and managing interfaces between systems
- System integration and testing, including acceptance activities
- Configuration management
- Model-based systems engineering including SySML
Understanding of some of:
- C2 Systems
- Communications and Networking
- Security Architectures
- Training and Logistics systems
- Physical and Electrical Safety, Security and Environmental compliance
What we're looking for in you:
- A 'can do' attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
- Self-organisation and good time management
- You are innovative and able to drive improvement
- Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.