In addition to price comparison, in which customers are referred to partner shops, idealo also offers the possibility to purchase items from selected partners directly on our platform.
This is called “Direktkauf”. As part of this journey, users are shown a product page, just as they would be in the shop, where they can discover the product and decide to enter the checkout. To guide users through these discovery and decision phases, the agile product page team builds and optimizes a set of modules across product categories and customer segments.
About your new role
- You actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve the software of the shopping experience at ideal
- You embrace healthy, modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and thoughtfully refactored code with the team
- You approach your work proactively and have a sense for solving problems, the smart and simple way
- You will develop trunk-based and deploy continuously our new product
- You will be working closely with our UX-Department and Product Owner to develop a modern face for the web applications
- You love agile methodologies like Kanban and Pair Programming practices as much as we do
- You will work in a self-motivated team that enjoys being involved in the complete software lifecycle
Skills & Requirements
- You have professional experience as a software engineer in the development of modern web applications
- You like to work in an agile and delivery focused team
- Optional is basic knowledge in Java 11, Spring Boot, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Kafka, Jenkins, MongoDB
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes)
- You give and take open, constructive feedback. It is not always easy but that is the foundation of great teams
- You take full ownership of all aspects of the team and show initiative in solving anything that might block us from deploying our product
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal. English native is a plus and German is also a plus.
At idealo you can expect
- Upon starting at idealo you will get all the equipment you need to perform at your best and are invited to our welcome days for OnBoarding
- We offer a large degree of responsibility and freedom in an international and inspirational environment
- We provide training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- We share knowledge and learnings through tech talks, tech communities and product demos
- We value our culture of trust, freedom, and responsibility. Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- 800 motivated colleagues and a cool office loft in the trendy district of Kreuzberg in Berlin!