Junior Software Engineer supporting container products
Work Location: preferably SUSE office in Nuremberg, Germany or Prague, Czech Republic.
Skilled Linux administrator? Know your way around code? Want to get more involved with the latest Cloud technology? We're seeking someone to help support our SUSE Cloud Application Platform (CAP) product. You don't need to be a Kubernetes expert, we're looking for someone to grow with the product.
About the team:
SUSE L3 is a globally distributed team of highly skilled Linux developers who evaluate, analyze, and fix software defects reported by SUSE customers. The L3 team is responsible for coordinating the defect-resolution process in a wide range of SUSE products, technologies and areas, from core kernel bugs to crashing webservers, from RAIDs to complex, highly-available Cloud solutions.
In this Linux/CAP position, your tasks will include initial problem evaluation of reported software defects, finding developers within R&D who have expertise in the given area and working with them on developing or finding a software patch.
Your main focus will be on SUSE Cloud Application Platform (a Cloud Foundry + Kubernetes product) and the underlying products and technologies. If you are passionate about open-source, experienced with Linux, a fast learner, highly organized, like varied tasks and have excellent communication and analytical skills, then this is the job you should be looking for.
Technical analysis of customer-reported software issues in SUSE Cloud Application Platform Reproducing reported problems in a lab environment
Fixing code defects and coordination of the bug-fixing process, in close cooperation with the development team Communication with the support engineers, publishing patches
- Good knowledge of the Linux operating system, for example at the sysadmin level
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of some scripting language (Python, Bash, for example)
- Practical experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies and work independently with minimal supervision
- A commitment to open-source
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Linux Containers, or Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with configuration management technologies (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef)
- Knowledge of the C programming language; Linux low-level interfaces, development and debugging tools is a plus
What we offer:
Training and development opportunities
Direct contact with representatives of free/open-source software projects worldwide
Opportunity to participate in the development of enterprise open-source software products
Flexible, family-friendly working times
A fun, creative, friendly and informal working environment where how you think is far more important than what you wear
Location: Nuremberg, Germany / Prague, Czech Republic
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status