SG Digital is looking for a L1 Software Engineer to join one of our teams as we continue to work on the next generation of online sports betting platforms.
As a L1 Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our solutions and your career to the next level.These are just some of the tasks you may work on as a Software Engineer at SG Digital.
- Involvement with the Business Analysts to provide technical support for small, medium and large projects
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
- Participate in code reviews
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components accordingly
- Answer business stakeholders's queries about the platform
- Investigate and develop performance improvements to the platform
- Develop new solutions to resolve ongoing issues with the platform
- Work with different partners to solve integration issues
- Assist the support team in investigating production issues
These are just some of the tasks you may work on as a L1 Software Engineer at SG Digital.
- Work as part of a self-organising Agile team to develop new features and functionality for large scale betting websites
- Produce robust, clear, polished code using practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Extract and capture customer requirements using processes like BDD
- Developing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major language (such as Java, C/C++, Python, PHP etc.)
- Demonstrable talent in writing and using algorithms and assessing time complexity and performance
- Understanding of Database schema design.
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly
- A “can do” attitude and out-of-the-box thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
and nice to have some of the below
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- knowledge on CI or CD and the associated tools
- Test automation experience (unit test or other)
- Experience on Web technologies and internet protocols (Apache, SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, websockets)
What can SG Digital give you:
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy benefits and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.