Junior Software Engineer
Recap is a cryptocurrency software startup building an innovative privacy-focused transaction tracking and accounting solution. Having had a successful private beta launch in the UK, winning an Innovate UK grant and raising seed investment, we are now growing our team to develop our product into a scalable global solution.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer to join a company working on the future of finance.
- Help us create simple, beautiful and technically excellent solutions to deliver the very best user experience.
- In collaboration with the team, design, develop and test product features, and where they go wrong, help in fixing them.
- Identify and evangelise new and improved ways of working.
- Assist with builds, CI, deployments and infrastructure.
- Create a culture of learning, helping, innovation and autonomy.
- Be part of a funded early-stage tech startup and help play a part in the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies.
- £20-30k salary with the option to be paid in Bitcoin.
- Share in our success with our equity incentive plan.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Flexible working.
- Private healthcare.
- Top-spec kit - solid wood sit-stand desk, ergonomic chair, new MacBook Pro, Henge Dock, noisy keyboards, dual 4K monitors.
We're looking for an engineer with some experience (~1 year), ideally someone who's learnt the basics of working in an engineering team on commercial projects. We'd also like someone who has in interest in cryptocurrency, economics, and how disruptive technologies can change the world.
Here are some things we think will be valuable, but we are open minded.
- You have been involved with cryptocurrency (bought, sold and/or hodled).
- You are excited about being an important part of the growth of a startup with global ambitions.
- You take pleasure from clean code and understand the benefit of writing code with complementary tests in small increments.
- You have ideas of how to do things better and can balance them against business needs.
- You like to solve customer facing and technical problems.
- You enjoy collaborating within the team environment.
- You are passionate at learning and improving your professional skills and knowledge.
We're looking for someone with basic experience with most of our stack so they can have an impact from day one.
- Electron, Node, Web
- MongoDB, Postgres
- React, Redux, Styled Components
- Jest, CircleCI
- Serverless, AWS, Docker
If think you have what it takes and you are eager to quickly learn and develop your skills, you sound like a great fit, so please apply via the application form.
Acquisition is not appreciated.