Countercept are division at F-Secure who specialise in defending highly targeted organisations against sophisticated cyber-attacks such as those conducted by state-sponsored threat actors and cybercriminal groups. We provide a 24x7 managed detection and response service which defends high profile organisations across a range of sectors including banking/finance, military, legal, telecom and many more.
Countercept is a not just your typical SOC with shiny screens and threat maps - in fact, that is everything we stand against. Having been founded by a team of red-teamers, Countercept has been engineered based on ‘what would stop us’ and a dedication to drive positive change in the industry. We are focused on changing the industries mind-set from the traditional alert-driven approach to one driven by offensively trained, proactive threat hunters who can use their knowledge of the adversaries TTPs to detect attacker activity that the traditional approach would miss.
Countercept’s hunt team compromises a number of sub teams: the threat hunting team who uncover adversaries on our client’s networks, incident responders who contain attacks, the research team who uncover new and emerging offensive and defensive techniques, and the Security Engineering team who maintain and develop the attack detection infrastructure to ensure it remains at the bleeding edge.
As an engineer in the Security Engineering team, you will...
- Be part of MDR Technical Operation Team, work with the Devops team and our clients to deploy, maintain and develop the attack detection infrastructure and platform to ensure the threat hunting team and incident response teams can perform at their very best.
- Deploy the latest code as it is released by our R&D team
- Write custom log parsers, detection rules, use cases, and get creative with our extensive data sets to aid the discovery of advanced threat actors across our client base.
- Support, maintain and optimise Elasticsearch clusters
- Write and deploy custom log parsers
- Maintain the attack detection application stack to ensure it remains fully functioning, operational and updated to the latest version
- Maintaining high levels of security across the Countercept infrastructure through the design and implementation of security controls and co-ordination of penetration tests.
Who we think will be a great fit...
- A solid passion for cybersecurity
- Experience with Linux (servers and services preferable)
- Python/coding skills
- Creatively-minded, able to work to find solutions to unique problems
Bonus Points For....
- Knowledge of attacker techniques and methodologies
- Experience working with Elasticsearch (or similar NoSQL)
- Experience with Redhat/CentOS
- Proven experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience designing/implementing enterprise security controls
- Experience with Attack Path Mapping exercises
Who we are...
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.