Do you know great software when you see it? Have you been hacking away building applications in your own time, but itch for a rewarding role in a focused development team? Do you long to work on a product that’s redefining its market, while tackling a broad range of problem areas from scientific visualisation to high performance computing?
If you’ve jumped out of your chair shouting ‘Yes!’ to these questions then we should talk!
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior developer to join our software development team as a Junior Scientific Applications Developer. You’ll bring your smarts and dedication to delivering great code to multidisciplinary software challenges, including DUG’s huge suite of geophysical software tools. In doing so you’ll receive real world exposure to cutting edge software development in a continuous integration environment, while working alongside software development professionals who, like you, are dedicated to building the best product in their industry.
So if you feel like you’re ahead of your game and spinning your wheels; if you’re itching to get a chance working on a commercial codebase; if you want to be mentored by some of the best in the industry – then we want to hear from you.
Send us your CV and include the word ‘shibboleth’ in your cover letter.
- Both high- and detail-level design of complex scientific software
- Implementation, testing and maintenance of software in Java and other languages
- Inspection and maintenance of software written by your colleagues
- Becoming conversant in the problem domains of new and existing products
- Acting as third level support for otherwise unresolvable customer issues
- Providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback with your peers
- Collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid product iterations
- Demonstrated skills as a software developer in a typical general-purpose development language (ie C/C++, C#, Python, Java)
- A history of interest or participation in some of our major focus areas, such as 3D visualization, data management, IO performance, human/machine interfaces, highly parallel computing or image or numerical processing
- Excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with customers
- Impeccable references
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.