This is an exceptionally rare opportunity for the best and brightest to make an impact: Brightlobe is looking for a backend and server engineer to take the lead in developing a highly-scalable and resilient backend (built on cloud infrastructure) to service our digital platform and games.
This is a role for a skilled backend engineer to lead our early-stage team in crafting our platform’s backend. In the process, you’ll develop your expertise and set the cornerstone for a career in tech leadership.
- Design, implement deploy and manage scalable, high-availability and secure backend services
- Work closely with client-side engineers to thoroughly plan platform features
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM by stewarding technical standards and quality
- Troubleshoot and optimize live systems
- Lead and implement API design and development
- Work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Make an impact on the lives of children around the world
- Be part of a playful, creative working environment that prizes your imaginative ideas
- Our workspace provides free coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities, social events and discounted access to a number of area restaurants and bars
- Professional experience building and maintaining backend services
- Ability to deliver and maintain a major cloud service with large numbers of end users
- Proficient in Python and Python MVC frameworks
- Experience in building solutions for push notifications, live events, A/B test frameworks, etc.
- Knowledge of the AWS suite (EC2, DynamoDB, SQL, Elasticsearch) or Google Cloud
- Experience in unit testing, BDD, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in configuring backends for digital health platforms
- Experience in building security tools and infrastructure
- Experience in proactively identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Highly-imaginative and proactive approach
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills