Junior Mobile App Developer
Here at Hermes, we are on a mission to become the number one consumer delivery company in the UK. We are well on the way to this goal, having grown 3000% over the past decade.
Staying ahead of the curve and ensuring our customers can interact with us as a business is of utmost importance to us – our Mobile Development team are at the forefront of this, combining their creative minds with technical expertise to create slick and user friendly mobile applications.
The team are growing and we are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Junior Mobile Application Developer to join us here in Morley, Leeds.
Working to an agile framework, you will partner with Senior Developers and Squad Leads to build cutting edge software in line with our business requirements.
You will be instrumental in building and maintaining mobile applications and be responsible for programming, designing and conducting user tests.
If you are keen to secure a role within a progressive and growing organisation and have a passion for mobile development then do read on…
All About You
- Demonstrable software coding experience (link to GitHub, Bitbucket would be helpful)
- Experience of developing and implementing unit tests for both existing and newly developed code bases
- An understanding of web service protocols (REST, SOAP, API)
- iOS programming experience
- Experience of debugging their own code and writing clean code
- Experience of working with version control (Subversion, GIT)
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to break down complex problems and communicate to their peers
- Motivated self-starter with a strong desire to produce high quality solutions
- Strong problem solving skills and a desire to take on a challenge
- Swift coding experience (Objective-C advantageous, but not essential) for iOS
- Java coding experience for iOS
- Understanding of both TDD and BDD development techniques
- Understanding of Cloud Computing technologies