Phishd are currently looking for a Junior Linux Engineer with a troubleshooting influenced mind-set to join our growing team. We are looking for someone with a good background in troubleshooting and administering Windows and Linux based systems. The successful candidate will work alongside an established team, will provide support on internal technologies to different teams and will have the freedom to explore their own personal research projects.
We are looking for someone with insurmountable passion (if this was not your job, it would be your hobby!) and curiosity when learning new technologies.
About the role…
You'll be responsible for providing support to external clients through internal service delivery and developer teams. You’ll be exposed to a large number of technologies and be keen to learn anything new. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company offering the latest in cyber security solutions.
You also will have the opportunity to work alongside a passionate and dedicated team including visibility on new and exciting projects as well as sharing knowledge across different areas of the business.
Everyone within Phishd is encouraged to have a constant focus on self-improvement, you will have the support of a fantastic team who are always on hand to contribute with their wealth of knowledge and get involved with any problem solving and examine new ideas with.
Who we think will be a great fit...
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience working in a similar role, to include;
- Computer Science/Networking knowledge
- Fast Troubleshooting mind-set and willingness to improve internal documentation
- A security oriented mind-set and willingness to develop their security knowledge
- Building and troubleshooting Linux based services
- Scripting: basic Bash/PowerShell/Python knowledge
- Willingness to work ‘on call’ and potentially out of hours when required
- At least 2+ years’ experience with Linux – preferably CentOS / RHEL / Fedora
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies
- Attention to detail
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
Any of the below will be a bonus but not essential:
- Experience on CentOS & Ubuntu platforms
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with systems automation and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Databases: NoSQL (Elasticsearch), Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git)
- Willingness to travel desired but not essential
- Experience with Apache Web Server
- Experience with VMWare Virtualisation
- Experience managing Docker containers based systems
Phishd are a division of F-Secure group. We offer strategic phishing simulations to clients all over the globe, targeting thousands of employees with millions of phishing emails globally. From our Manchester and London hubs, we design, deliver, and executive simulated phishing attacks and provide solutions to clients that allow the reporting and detection of phishing emails.
Clients don’t come to Phishd to tick boxes. Clients come to Phishd to help protect their vital assets from being compromised by APT and nation-state level attackers.