This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a software development function using the best techniques available in a fast-moving product-centric environment. You will be a key part of a cross-functional product development group using agile management and engineering practices.
The software engineer is a key role within the platform development team working to design, author and implement software applications and solutions with the aim to build a portfolio of platform services that allows Red Bee and its client base to tackle an ever changing media environment.
This role requires working closely with architects, developers, testers, product owners and business stake holders to help innovate and design solutions across the domain of Media Management.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced Software Engineer with the following areas of expertise:
- A positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
- A passion for all aspects of software development from design through refining
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development (ideally Java 8)
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- AWS design/development/deployment, including in particular:
- API Gateway
- Lean software development
- Experience of automation for QA and DevOps
- Big data and machine learning
- Liaising with offshore and/or outsourced development teams
- Experience influencing product roadmaps
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long term relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective and deliverable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalise the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
- Highly resilient, flexible and accommodating under pressure.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Computer Science, Broadcast Media or Maths background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired