What you will do
- Learn to fly in our service-oriented platform with currently 200+ restful microservices
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (1600+ releases in 2017).
- Be an owner: Take technical responsibility for existing and newly kicked-off projects and applications on a large scaled platform within an international environment.
- Your curiosity, fresh mind and sharp thoughts bring new energy to each group of people you join. Your drive to learn is inspiring to others.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before.
- Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and creating tools to launch new green field applications.
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated.
- We currently use spring-cloud, java8, postgres 9.5 with jsonb types, mysql, elasticsearch and a nice bunch of AWS technologies like ec2, ecs with docker, s3, rds, sqs/sns, elasticache and some lambdas.
- Dealing with tons of microservices has its own challenges and they require creative approaches.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production
- In one month your impact to your team starts to become measurable.
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a solid contributor to applications in your team. You are experienced with technical and business challenges in your team and its direct vicinity. You're able to work independently on tasks and your work is becoming more stable and reliable each day.
What you will bring:
- You have 2+ years experience
- You have a passionate opinion on how a restful APIs should ideally look like, but you are not too dogmatic to ignore every-day needs of a business
- You have some hands-on experiences with popular java technologies like spring, hibernate, maven or MVC frameworks.
What you will get:
- Relocation support that includes assistance with visa, apartment search, moving cost.
- A nice office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg) with free drinks & fruits.
- The possibility to work with new technologies.
- Team and company events like Hackathons international nights, Christmas party, soccer, etc.
- Attractive discounts on different services like gym, public transport, leisure activities.
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations. We are looking forward to your application.
+49 30 201 638 2073