As a Junior iOS Engineer (m|f|x) at idealo, you drive the evolution of our award winning e-commerce apps. We are a fully integrated and autonomous team that balances using proven technologies with cutting edge experimentation, delivering best in class user experiences and impact on idealo’s mission. We own our code and decide on the technical direction of our products. And we need ambitious support to grow further.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- At idealo you are part of a cross-functional team that strives for excellence in product and software development. You work closely with seasoned iOS engineers and an extended Android and Full Stack engineering team, POs, UX and UI designers and data analysts.
- We work as an agile team where you will be involved in product development from ideation to operating a product at scale.
- You are routinely working with modern technologies and practices on a high quality Swift codebase, allowing you to grow fast and gain experience efficiently.
- You have a positive impact on our culture, encourage knowledge sharing and contribute to technical discussions within the team.
- You have gained first experiences in the development of native iOS Apps with Xcode and Swift, ideally also some experience with Objective-C.
- You are up-to-date with software design and architecture patterns, passionate about writing clearly readable, maintainable and testable code.
- You are an open, communicative team player, curious about solving interesting and sometimes complex problems.
- As an engineer, you are self sufficient and well organised, and you can expect the same from the team around you.
Your Benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input.
- Environmental-friendly company policy with 900 supportive colleagues from more than 40 countries.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during your lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be making your workplace a great place to be at.