We are looking for a Junior Frontend Engineer with a strong interest in UI and user experience, for a 6-month traineeship with the opportunity to extend. At Castor, you will work closely with our product designers, product owners, QA and front-end engineers to help build the underlying UI components for the next generation of our products.
- You are looking to start your career as a front-end engineer and you aspire to specialise in building good user experiences for every user.
- You are interested to develop your skills around cross-product design systems, web accessibility, TypeScript, React, Styled Components, Jest, etc.
Ultimately, we are aiming to create a component library that will free our engineering team from any UI-related work. As part of the design system team, you’ll be converting our existing interface into reusable components in line with best practices. Your tasks will include:
- Build React UI components in close collaboration with our design team
- Contribute to the improvement of our pipelines and workflows (Node scripts, integration between design tooling and our UI library)
- Ensure the maintainability of this project by contributing to its documentation and the test coverage of our packages (unit and functional tests)
- Continuously analyse and follow design systems UI and technical trends
- Six months traineeship with the opportunity to extend to a one year contract
- Compensation package including 30 holidays annually, pension & company bonus
- Working in a supportive, rapidly growing team that’s helping clinical researchers worldwide
- Fresh and healthy lunch and snacks, and company outings
- Flexible working with the option to work from home one day per week
- Shiny new office in the Amstel area
- Fun and experienced international team to work with
You can learn more about this traineeship on our careers website.